Re: [squid-users] High CPU

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:11:17 +0100

On Thursday 27 December 2001 04.55, philip.wolfe@centrelink.gov.au wrote:

> Still looking into the high CPU for squid. Now averages 88-91% of CPU.
>
> Performed a truss -p <process-id>
>
> poll(0xEFFF7C54, 147, 0) = 0
> poll(0xEFFF7C54, 147, 0) = 0
> poll(0xEFFF7C54, 147, 0) = 0
> poll(0xEFFF7C54, 147, 0) = 0

Looks like Squid has forgotten what to do with one of the active
filedescriptors..

Do you get anything in cache.log?

> I have set Squid to debug, but that doesn't really show anything up.

If you turn on debugging then lots of stuff should show up in cache.log.
Question is what to look for...

A better start is to use cachemgr I think. See the list of active
filedescriptors.

It could also be helpful to ask truss to dump the poll table to see which
filedescriptor that has got stuck..

lsof could also provide helpful information.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer

available on request