Re: [squid-users] NCSA Plus with squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 15:53:57 +0100

Ok. You must be talking about http://web.onda.com.br/orso/ncsaplus.html

This hack requires patching of the source code and recompiling Squid.

If possible, I'd recommend using the standard Squid ncsa_auth method instead.
The NCSA_Plus hack is only required if you have lots of users, need to have
them controlled by both IP and username, and cannot use squid.conf to
configure the IP part of the access controls.

On Monday 31 December 2001 06.30, Arun Shrimali wrote:
> for authentication .....................
>
> arun
>

> From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@marasystems.com>
> To: arun@banas.guj.nic.in, squid-users@squid-cache.org
> Subject: Re: [squid-users] NCSA Plus with squid
> Date sent: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 18:27:29 +0100
>
> > What is NCSA_Plus in context of Squid?
> >
> > Regards
> > Henrik Nordstrom
> > Squid Developer
> >
> > On Saturday 29 December 2001 08.58, Arun Shrimali wrote:
> > > Dear Friends,
> > >
> > > Can any body help me, how do I configure NCSA_Plus with squid
> > > (RPM).
> > >
> > > I am using RHL 7.1 and squid that comes with that, now i want to
> > > configure NCSA_Plus for that. There is no help file how to configure.
> > >
> > > Arun

available on request