RE: Re: [squid-users] one peculiar problem of time out !!

From: Arindam Haldar <arindamh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 22:01:23 -0500

hi henrik
hi all
henrik thanx 4 ur reply..this is what my ecn looks like( i have also send u my conf & proc setting earlier!)
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syncookies
        echo 1 > $f
        echo 0 > $f
        echo 0 > $f
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts
echo 0 >> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
so i guess its not ech problem, morever the server was running forlast 3 months with same setting & as rebootted only once about 2 weeks ago !
the above settings are in all squid servers invoked by startup script(as i told u all are transparent squid).squid version is 2.4stable1 from RH !
at the moment i deleted all cacheched directories & rstarted squid ...no problem at present !.. can that be coz of this---->
the deafult wan route(cisco) went down-->squid makes some site unavaialble(with its error mesage shown)--->wan link comes up--->squid still unable to still make the said url up
i dont think that can be coz all other sites were cached ok.
one more ques.
512mb ram/550-PIII/10gb cache_dir/@1-1.5mb traffic on eth0, will there be any performance problem while the disk gets used for cache !
thanx in advance
arindam haldar