Re: [squid-users] correct cache management...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:37:17 +0100

If properly configured, Squid will automatically make space for new objects
when the alloted space is filled.

A "good" size of a cache depends on how much your users surf. You should have
at least a couple of days worth of disk storage. There is rarely need for
more than a week of storage.

Regards
Henrik Nordström

On Wednesday 02 January 2002 11.10, Boniforti Flavio wrote:
> Hello ALL!
>
> I wanted to know what to do when my disk space used for the cache is being
> almost fully used.
> I mean: I got about 100 clients connecting to the Internet via my proxy,
> and this proxy has 800MB cache.
> 1) is this enough space?
> 2) when this space fills totally up, what shall I do?
>
> Thanx in advance...

available on request