[squid-users] ACL with Dynamic DNS

From: Lim Seng Chor <Lim.Seng.Chor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 02:22:27 +0800

Hi,

I am configuring my ACL based on FQDN hostname. My clients are using DHCP. My
DHCP server updates the zone records to my DNS server. My squid box lookups the
address through my DNS server.

Problem 1 :
If my client went offline, the A and PTR records will be removed from the DNS server.
If I am going to "squid -k reconfigure" my squid box it cannot find the hostname.

Problem 2:
If my client used a different ip address after renew it ip lease, the squid box will use it
old assigned ip address for its acl restriction instead.

Can you please help me? Thank you.