Re: [squid-users] Restricting the IE/ Netscape sessions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 05:07:02 +0100

No.

The proxy can only know how many TCP connections the browser have opened
concurrently, not how many windows the user has open.

Each window may use anywhere from 0 to quite many (sometimes as high as
10, primarily seen on large sets of frames) concurrent connections while
downloading the displayed content

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer

On Sunday 06 January 2002 12.12, H M Rajeev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can squid be configured to restrict the no of instance / sessions per
> PC. I want to restrict the user not to open more than 3 IE / Netscape
> sessions.
>
> Please help.
> regards
> rajeev H M