[squid-users] R: [squid-users] Blocking sites on IP address

From: Boniforti Flavio <boniforti.f@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:11:21 +0100

> Squid will in such case reverse lookup IP addresses, but this
> only works
> when the IP is registered as the name of the site..
>
> To fully block access to specific IP addresses you can use the "dst"
> type ACL.

Well, may I expose my case?

I've got a list of forbidden sites, done this way:

.sitename.com
.sitenam2.com
subsite.site.com

and so on...

Now, the ACL line reads "dstdomain". Is it true that in this way I would be
able to connect to the "blocked" sites by using their IP address???

And: would it solve the problem using "dst" instead of "dstdomain"???

Thanx...