[squid-users] authentication problem

From: Li Xiang <lix@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:39:53 +0800 (GMT-8)

Hi,

I am using my squid box like this. My browser point to one squid proxy,
and that squid proxy point to a parent, whcih is a NetApp proxy I
think. And the parent proxy is doing the authentication. Now I have got
the problem. Theoretically I need log in only once. And that is true when
I go direct to the parent proxy. But when I go to the squid, like
www.cnn.com, and for the image embedded (those from akamai server), I am
told to log in again. Has anyone met the same problem before? Any hints of
how to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Li Xiang