[squid-users] Error message configuration

From: Serge Bianda <serge.bianda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 18:35:37 -0500

Hello there:
Quick question first, Does squid look at all the error files like
(ERR_ACCESS_DENIED) before it starts? The reason why I'm asking this
question is because, today I created a file called ERR_ACCESS_DENIED (just
like the one created during installation) that I customized with my own
texts, and then I renamed the original file to ERR_ACCESS_DENIED_BAK and
then copy the file that I created to the error directory where squid stores
them, so when I tried to restart squid, I get no error message, but I can
not access the Internet at all thru squid, so I move the file that I created
somewhere else and then put the original file back and start squid and there
we go, I have no problem accessing the Internet. (Note that the permission
is the same with the original file). I retry to do the same procedure and
squid does not work again , move the file back in and it works. Can someone
tell me why squid is acting that way. (I'm using Squid 2.3 STABLE4 on Redhat
Linux 6.2). My other issue is customizing the error message, since that is
the reason of my question, how can I customized the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED
without going thru some issues like the one stated above.

Regards,
Serge