Re: [squid-users] Blocking URL's

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 19:56:17 +0100

Several of the blocklist companies claim to support Squid or at a minimum
provide guidance how to interoperate with Squid.

Some use extensions to Squid to add the filtering.

Some use the redirector interface of Squid to block URL's.

Others chains a custom filtering proxy to Squid, either between Squid and
your clients or between Squid and the Internet.

For details on a specific product, inquery your selected filter source
companies.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
MARA Systems AB

On Wednesday 09 January 2002 14.01, Drenning Bruce wrote:
> The management here wants me to look into URL blocking software. They
> want to subscribe to a service (like WebNot) so that we don't have to
> try to maintain a list ourselves. Anyone know if there is something like
> this for squid? That is, someone or some company that is maintaining a
> list "anti-porn" URLs or keywords? TIA

available on request