Re: [squid-users] Radius lookup on IP address (replacement for IDENT) - Content filtering ?]

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:57:10 -0700

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002, Joe Maimon wrote:

> What I imagine would be needed would be perhaps to have the radius
> server account to an sql database or to have the squid helper-program
> query the flat text logfiles looking for a START record matching the IP
> address of the source proxy request and returning the latest record
> result/username

Is there any chance of having this processed in non-realtime?
Ie, take a squid log file, and a wtmp file with user login/logouts and
spit out per-user statistics?

> As an additional Question: Is there any development/patches to allow
> squid to filter incoming contents using a 'Content Redirector' helper
> program - much as the URL redirector works?

Well, yeah, I'm working on reworking the squid request/reply chain
to support content-modification hooks - its actually a sideeffect
of the storage/network code rework.

Contact me privately if you'd like some help on either of the above -
I've spent a lot of time doing ISP accounting related stuff with
squid, and if you'd like the content modification stuff.. :)

Adrian