Re: [squid-users] Using POP3 mail accounts with Squid

From: Peter Arnold <arnoldpj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:38:03 +1000 (EST)

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, root wrote:
>
>> I am a new linux user and I've recently set up a squid proxy server
>> for my company. I have the Internet working fine on everyones system
>> but have been unable to get POP3 email request to pass through the
>> proxy server. What is the most effective way to correct this problem?
>
> Put in a POP proxy. Squid is an HTTP proxy only.

Take a look at http://www.delegate.org/delegate/ . I've used it breifly for
telnet and FTP and seems quite functional. It was easy to configure and
install on Solaris and is useful for those small things that squid does not
cover (nor should it) like pop, telnet ACTIVE ftp (as opposed to passive)
etc.

HTH
Cheers
Peter Arnold