Re: [squid-users] Problem with some ftp server from windows client (squid is running in debian)

From: Dave Raven <dave@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 20:17:45 +0200

The reason is not squid.
But it could be many things.

If you run a command prompt and ftp ftp.compaq.com then login everything
will work fine, until you run an ls or a get or something with data
transfer.

Chances are its your NAT thats causing the problem.
You should have it work with both Active or Passive ftp; but chances are
it wont work.
In fact, it probably doesnt work with either. But try set an ftp program to
use
active / passive and see -- FTP is dirty and nat often has trouble.

I wouldnt know how to fix your nat on a linux box, but then
I dont think its a squid problem and I reccommend you look
elsewhere for help. (mailing list for your NAT software perhaps).

Hmm. Now that I see other boxes work with it I'm almost CERTAIN
its an active/passive ftp problem.

Dave.
OpteqSec.