Re: [squid-users] denying/blocking request of specific sites

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 23:56:50 +0100

Jan Rasmussen wrote:

> I've been wondering about SquidGuard. What makes it better/more convinieant
> than just Squid? The particular setup I need it in, is banning certain sites
> (mostly porn).

Most people find SquidGuard easier to configure than Squid's ACL lists
and custom error pages.

Also, the simple use of their block lists sort of presumes one is using
SquidGuard.

Personally I prefer using Squid's built in access controls, but I am
perhaps not entirely objective on the matter from having my head stuck
in the inner guts of Squid for many years..

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer
MARA Systems AB, Sweden