Re: [squid-users] squid2.4stable3 on BSDI 4.1 - diskd or asynchronies I/O

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 11:56:33 +0100

Not sure about the status of async io on BSDI. Depends on what kind of
threads implementation BSDI uses. At least the free *BSD OS:es do not
have thread implementations usable for async-io and on those diskd is
recommended. Using async-io on such platforms will make performance
worse, not better.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer