[squid-users] Accel memory only

From: Erik Parker <eparker@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:51:49 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

I've been trying to figure out how to make squid ONLY cache to memory. It
doesn't like to have its disk cache disabled, and I just don't see a
method jumping out at me that lets me tell it only to use RAM. Initially,
if the cache disk is cleared out, it will store everything in RAM.. But
once the server is restarted, it starts and continues to serve everything
off of the disk.

We're basically using squid with a couple gigs of ram, to serve all of the
images and other random things on our website, directly from ram. It
should be cached in memory everytime it boots up. (Right now, I have a
script that runs on the local machine that does does a get on the files,
and writes them out to /dev/null, to get squid to cache them).

Any ideas? Or a certain feature i should look more closely at?

Thanks,

---
Erik Parker
---