Re: [squid-users] Squid off-line

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 07:28:37 +0100

It will, but I think you will quickly find that this mode is not
something you like to use for users... The intended use of
miss_access is to keep sibling relations at bay even if the sibling
administrator insists on configuring you as a parent.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer
MARA Sysstems AB, Sweden

On Sunday 13 January 2002 05.52, Chris Kleinschmidt wrote:
> I think I may have found a way to do what I want using
> "miss_access deny"...
> Will this force users' access to ONLY be from the cache
> contents if I specify an acl that covers all my users'
> source IP addresses?
>
> Please comment.
>
> Regards,
> Chris
>
> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > Chris Kleinschmidt wrote:
> > > Is it possible to run 2 copies of squid, one on-line and
> > > one set to purely off-line browsing, off the same cache.
> >
> > No, each cache directory can only be used by one Squid at the
> > time. When Squid is running it assumes it is alone in accessing
> > these. While running Squid keeps the index of cached files in
> > memory. Regards
> > Henrik Nordström
> > Squid Developer

available on request