[squid-users] Transparent authentication?

From: Daniel Baldoni <dbaldoni@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:13:40 +0800

G'day again folks,

My client exclusively uses IE (sorry, not sure which version but it's fairly
new) under NT. The recently setup Squid server uses NT domain authentication
but there's a slight hitch...

IE has an option to authenticate using the current NT username/password. The
client believes this should be completely transparent to the user - in that
no "login dialog" should pop up when the user first tries to go surfing. For
some reason, though, that dialog is appearing (although the user does
authenticate if they enter their correct password).

Has anybody seen this behaviour before? More importantly, can anybody tell
me what (if anything) can be done to get the behaviour expected by the
client?

As always, thanks for any help. Ciao.

--
Daniel Baldoni BAppSc, PGradDipCompSci                 |  Technical Director