[squid-users] authenticate_ip_ttl over multiple servers?

From: <FLORIAN.LEIBENZEDER@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:03:20 +0100

Hi,

we are using squid to allow our authenticated users to surf the web.
Furthermore a proxy.pac file is used for the client browsers to implement
some kind of "load balancing". Depending on the users IP adress, the
connection is forwarded to one of the quid servers.
Now, to prohibit different users to use the proxies from different IPs with
the same user ID and password at the same time one could use squids
authenticate_ip_ttl directive. The problem with our setup is, that this only
works on a per server base. If two users are using different proxies (due to
the proxy.pac assignment) they can still log on with the same uid & pass.
Now is there some kind of possibillity to propagate the authenticate_ip_ttl
cache information from one squid to others or does anybody know about a
solution to implement that behavior.

Thanks for every hint.

Florian Leibenzeder