Re: [squid-users] httpMakeVaryMark?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:46:50 +0100

On Monday 14 January 2002 19.48, Brian wrote:
> What do these logs indicate squid 2.5 is doing? More specifically,
> does this involve memory and/or storage?

Squid detected that you have a Vary:ing object, and adjusted the
store index key to account for this.

> I ask because this is on an rproxy and those two values will vary
> in more ways than I can fathom. (client_db took 100MB and climbing
> back before I nixed it.) Vary headers are disabled on the source
> server.

> 2002/01/14 13:42:00| httpMakeVaryMark: 1 / host="www.vgmuseum.com",
> x-forwarded-for="212.62.181.158"

In such case it seems Vary headers is not really disabled on your
source header. This specific mark is only seen if your server
responded with
Vary: Host, X-Forwarded-For
(or the accelerator variant if you have enables support for that)

Note: The debug level of this message was adjusted to a more normal
level on 28 Dec (shortly after the PRE2 pre-release).

available on request