Re: [squid-users] Squid Authentication program

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 00:57:23 +0100

Sure. It is even such a common thing that there is too many
alternatives to select between.

Alternatives:

 * Squid MSNT authenticator
 * Squid SMB authenticator
 * Squid-2.5 NTLM support (requires IE browsers)
   - with MSNT integration
   - with winbind integration
   - dummy, blindly trusting the browser
 * LDAP if your NT has LDAP support (for example Active Directory)

Exacly which one to select depends a little on other requirements
such as

  a) Do you want the login to be done automatically, or should the
user provide his login+password to the proxy?

  b) Do you want to control who is granted access via Squid
configuration, or via a group in your NT domain?

  c) Do you have LDAP support on your server, or only NT Domain
support..

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer