Re: [squid-users] Squid + WCCP + CISCO on Linux 2.2.20 - HELP!!

From: Tsao Kele <chinapop@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:26:05 +0000

sure the conifgure script has the option but pls be attention to your
configure
output, it would not find netfilter header files.
i'm now using linux 2.4.17 kernel and squid 2.4 st3 with ip_wccp kernel
module
to implement wccp v1. if u do not want to use a kernel loadable module u
have
to patch the 2.2 kernel GRE tunnel code with the patch which has been
released
by somebody (read squid faq about wccp).

>From: Sebastian Vieira <csvieira@epm.net.co>
>To: Tsao Kele <chinapop@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [squid-users] Squid + WCCP + CISCO on Linux 2.2.20 - HELP!!
>Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:15:51 -0500
>
>I have not tested it but the option was there when i configured the
>2.2.20 kernel.
>Have you configured WCCP with 2.4 kernel??
>
>Tsao Kele wrote:
> >
> > how did u implement the transparency ?
> > as i know 2.2 kernel has no netfilter. using ipchain ?
> >
> > >From: Sebastian Vieira <csvieira@epm.net.co>
> > >To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
> > >Subject: [squid-users] Squid + WCCP + CISCO on Linux 2.2.20 - HELP!!
> > >Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:32:49 -0500
> > >
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I am trying to setup a WCCP transparent proxy using Squid 2.4 STABLE3
> > >and a 2.2.20 Kernel (Salckware 8).
> > >I compiled the kernel with Transparent proxy support and GRE IP
Tunnels,
> > >also compiled the ip_wccp module.
> > >Also installed SQIUD and modified the squid.conf directives according
> > >the FAQ.
> > >

> > >What is not clear to me now is that the FAQ does not mention anything
> > >about the WCCP directives in the squid.conf file.
> > >Is there anyy resource on the net about how to set this up?? Or i dont
> > >need to use those directives??
> > >
> > >ALso, it is not very clear to me how to configure the router (IOS
12.2).
> > >ANy help is welcome.
> > >
> > >Regards,
> > >
> > >Sebastian.