[squid-users] Direct HTTPS.

From: Palmer J.D.F. <J.D.F.Palmer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:01:31 -0000

Hi,

Not sure that the subject actually makes sense but this is what I mean.
Our caches use off campus parents for any traffic that is not .uk and a few
select others.

So if a .com request comes in it is forwarded to the parent.

Now what I want to know is, is there a way of making all https traffic
regardless of destination go direct from our campus caches without being
forwarded through the parent caches?

The reason being that some .com https sites (not all) give a connection
timed out error when trying to authenticate. If I put a rule in squid.conf
to allow these site direct access (through our cache but not parent) they
work fine, only when they are being forwarded though the parent do they
fail.

Any ideas why this is?

Many thanks,
Jezz.