Re: [squid-users] Intersting Problem(try to solve it)

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:01:25 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, sushant wrote:

> hello,
> i have insalled squid and its also cacheing the site what ever i am
> accessing.but i wnat to do something automatic that is i am thinking of
> giving an interface to enter the URL, so that when i will enter the URL
> in the provided textbox then i should able to pass the URL to SQUID.and
> squid should able to cache it.
>
> can any one anle to help me on this. really i am strugling with this
> since a long time.

Looks like it is already supported. Use your browser's Location/URL:
box (or equivalent) as the "provided textbox".

If that is not sufficient, make your CGI script to request the
specified URL from Squid as if it was an origin server (send Squid an
HTTP GET request with the given URL and then read (and ignore) the
response). You can use wget or similar available tools to do that.

Alex.