[squid-users] Squid very slow

From: Isabelle Moullet <Isabelle.Moullet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:06:06 +0100

Bonjour,

We are running a 2.4S2 Squid version on a Solaris machine with up to
1024 Mb RAM and a 3x4.5Gb swap cache size (all the file systems are
on the same disk).
This squid receives about 3.7 millions requests per day which
corresponds to a rate of approx. 100 req/sec during the day hours. We
experience a very poor performance on this system: the client program
gives an average of up to 0.7 sec for a standard access with a time
transfer of about 4kb/s. I could see that this behavior depends on
the load of the machine. Indeed in the morning, the transfer time
mentionned by the program client raises up to 20 kb/sec.
I have the same version running on a similar machine and the
performance is not comparable with our production system.

Any idea of what could be wrong ? Should I divide our cachedir on
different disks ?

thansk for your advice.

Cordialement,

--