[squid-users] Blocking proxy bypass

From: Mark Lucas <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:22:42 -0000

I have an ISDN router on my network to handle internet connection. This auto
dials on DNS requests.
I have set up my network users to connect to the WWW via squid and
squidGuard, of course if they are clever enough they can bypass squidGuard
by simply connecting directly, bypassing squid altogether (by reconfiguring
internet connection settings). I would like to stop them doing this but I
don't know how. Any ideas?

I have a Linux server running Squid 2.4 and MS Windows (98 and 2000) network
clients running IE6 and IE5.5

Thanks,

        Mark