[squid-users] Content-Length: 0 / HTTP Error 411

From: Ron Vachiyer <proutfoo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 14:36:15 -0500

Hello,

We are running a transparent cache setup using Squid2.4STABLE2. We
encounter the following error when users try to use the liveupdate feature
of McAfee anti-virus 6.x:

[21/Jan/2002:14:16:14 -0500] "GET http://rads.mcafee.com/rads
/scripts/RADS.dll? HTTP/0.0" 411 363 NONE:NONE

I looked up error 411 and it has to do with Content-Length required, and I
recall a recent thread regarding this issue. I cannot however seem to track
it down.

I believe the resolution to this issue was some code modifications allowing
for Squid to handle this differently. Can someone point me in the right
direction?

Thanks,

Ron.