Re: [squid-users] Socks proxy with Squid

From: Jon Kay <jkay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:43:11 -0600

Victor Mejias wrote:

> Helo Everyone:
>
> I´m new in this list althoug not to Linux.
>
> I´m using Squid with authenticated users. I´d like to keep using it but I need a Socks proxy too. I´d also like to uses a Socks Proxy who authenticate users in some way.

No. Squid specializes entirely in forwarding http traffic and http only.

Now, if you need socks only for ftp, and are in a position to restrict
access to a browser-only basis, then something can be done, because
Squid does translate ftp:// URL HTTP accesses into ftp.

--
Jon Kay        pushcache.com                      jkay@pushcache.com
http://www.pushcache.com/                             (512) 420-9025