Re: [squid-users] please help me

From: Peter Smith <peter.smith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:16:05 -0600

Yes, I have a Squid reverse-proxy that does this 24/7 for the last 4
months (only time I touch it is when the logs get too big.) Until I
figure out how to do this with Apache, Squid will do nicely (Apache will
allow me to reverse-proxy for an arbitrary number of sites.) Simply
setup the reverse-proxy in Squid to work. Then, just add authentication
to Squid. Any connection through Squid can be authenticated. There are
plenty of authentication modules for Squid. Look in any of the auth
documentation on the Squid site. As a start, try
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html#ss10.10

Hope that helps

Peter Smith
Linux Systems Administrator
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
(USA) 214 648 3111
peter.smith@utsouthwestern.edu