[squid-users] squid 2.5pre3 as ssl accelerator.

From: Mike Lee <mlee@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:09:54 -0800

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I've gotten the httpd accelerator to
work. I'm trying to get SSL Accel to work.

Here is my squid.conf ----------
http_port 80
https_port 10.1.1.2:443 cert=/usr/local/squid/etc/cert.pem
key=/usr/local/squid/etc/key.pem
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 0
httpd_accel_single_host off
httpd_accel_with_proxy off
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

redirect_program /usr/local/squid/bin/squid_redirect.pl
redirect_children 30
redirect_rewrites_host_header off
-------------------------------------

When client tries to get to the SSL site, error message comes up.

Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.

  Hint: https://server.domain.com:443/

To explain exactly what happens..

Certificate window does show up. I click on ok to accept the certificate
and this error message shows up.

When i tcpdump on the target machine(real server), i don't even see any
packets come in. So, i'm pretty sure it's the squid box that giving this
error message back to the client..

Help!!

Mike