[squid-users] Testing ldap_auth

From: Peter Cheney <pcheney@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:57:28 +1000

Dear List,

Oue directory layout is dn: uid=pcheney, ou=People,o=thiess.com.au,o=isp
this is working OK with 2.3.STABLE4-ldap_auth on RH7.0

Installing new system with RH7.2 & Squid-2.4.stable3
Prior to compiling I changed basdn in squid_ldap_auth.c
<snip>
/* Change this to your search base */
static char *basedn = "o=isp";
<pins>

Is this correct thing to do? If yes then why is basdn required as per man
page if already set during compile?

Can I test squid_auth_ldap from command line if so what is syntax please?

So far all I get is ERR

Many thanks
Peter

PS Anyone know where fatguts excellent ldap_auth page is now?

--
Peter Cheney                    Tel: 07 3002 9814
Systems Administrator           Fax: 07 3002 9829