[squid-users] partial object

From: Li Xiang <lix@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 16:33:40 +0800 (GMT-8)

Hi, all:

From my knowledge, squid now does not cache the reply of range request
(HTTP 206). I have heard that such support will be available in the coming
version, say 2.5 or 2.6. Is that true adn how is that going on? And if
possible, can anyone give me some rough idea that how the new squid handle
such partial reply? Like if an object is 100K, and one range request of
1-50k issued, how will cache deal with the object? And if later request
asks for 1-60k, what will happen? Seems the newest version trys to fetch
the whole object even if the request is a partial one. Will that be
changed?

Thanks a lot,

Li Xiang