Re: [squid-users] IDE HardDisk

From: <jhorton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:33:23 +0000

I have used hdparm on ide disks - but although the byte transfers can be
2 - 3 times as fast, the block transfers are (in my experience) often
only increased by a very small amount - however - it is possible that my
bonnie testing was at fault!

Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior wrote:

why don't you use hdparm to speed up the IDE disk? if you have a *new* ide
disk, you could get a very higher performance if you uses this software.