[squid-users] Problem with www.oracle.com

From: Richard Gordon <rgordon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 15:51:18 -0000

Hi,

I have installed and setup squid 2.4 stable 3 on a intel server running
redhat linux 7.1. Only the --disbale-internal-dns option was specified.

Everything seemed to be working fine until I went to www.oracle.com.
Using squid with IE5.5 returns a javascript error "Unterminated string
constant" with various other errors if I browse to other pages within
the oracle website. Switching of the proxy server the page renders fine.

I have searched the list and found a reference to
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn needing to be set to be set to 0 or 1 but
that kernel parameter does not seem to be available in RH7.1.

Before I roll out the proxy server to the rest of the company I would be
grateful if anybody had any ideas on what might be causing the problem
and how it may be fixed.

Thanks in advance
Richard

Richard Gordon