[squid-users] Starting squid 2.4 on reboot (newbie)

From: Aldo S. Lagana <alagana@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:39:01 -0500

Ok the FAQ says that you set cache_effective_user/group to have squid
switch to that user/group after it 'attempts' to start on reboot.

Problem for me is that although I have verified the user (in
cache_effective_user) can start squid manually, on reboot I get
/var/log/messages that say something like don't start squid as root -
about six times and then squid dies -

I then can manually start squid (as that user), but need/want it to
start automagically on reboot...

What's up?