Re: [squid-users] Connectivity-problems squid and pppoe (DSL)

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:23:53 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Minzenmay, Marcus wrote:

> Hi Squid-Users,
>
> I am using Squid 2.3 with Suse-Linux 7.3 .
> The configuration worked fine with ISDN but since I am using DSL, once a
> browser-session connected to squid has ran into the timeout defined in
> squid.conf, it cannot reconnect to the Internet. Also any new browser
> opened from any machine in my lan cannot connect to the internet.

You'll need to be much more specific. squid.conf has probably 20
"timeout" values that you can change. Exactly which one is "the timeout"?

"cannot connect to the Internet" is way to vague as well. You need to
give us specific error messages that appear in your log files or
web browser. Also you should show us the access.log entries
for these failed requests.