Re: [squid-users] Downloadscan for Viruses?

From: Jerry Murdock <jmurdock@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:05:04 -0500

Downloadscan for Viruses?Viralator (search freshmeat) is the only open source
project I know of that is close to production quality.

There is a highly experimental squid-vscan project at openantivirus.org, but
it is barely proof-of-concept at this point(IMO), and based on squid 2.3. I
would love to see this fully developed.

As far as commercial solutions, I'm happy with Trend VirusWall. Run it as a
parent to Squid. Has been stable in my experience. There s only a Linux
version (targeted at Redhat), but I run without problems under FreeBSD, so
SuSE shouldn't be a problem.

Jerry