Re: [squid-users] Http Req/sec Once more

From: khiz code <khizcode@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 20:36:35 -0800 (PST)

Hello Joe
Gosh . u still remember me .. guess ppl dont kinda tend to forget pests so very
soon ;-)

i Have a compaq proliant 5500 series
dual P11 Xeon 550 Mhz
512 megs Ram
5 SCSI Ultra -2 10000 rpm disks of 9 GB each .. the cache dirs are spread over
4 disks as 3GB slices for a total cache size of 12 GB .. each on a seperate
reiserfs partition
compaq Netelligent 10/100 mbps nics
this is redhat 6.2 with 2.2.19 kernel compiled with ip_wccp as a module..
picked up the patch from ur site
FD_SETSIZE is 16384
my start up scripts
echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo 16384>/proc/sys/fs/file-max
echo 32768 >/proc/sys/fs/inode-max
echo 8192 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_max_syn_backlog
echo 1024 65000 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range
echo 30 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout
echo 300 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_sack
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_timestamps
echo 5>/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_syn_retries
echo 10 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_interval
echo 2>/proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_min_interval # used these for avoiding the
dst cache overflow msgs that i used to get
echo 30 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/gc_timeout

echo "60 1000 128 256 500 3000 500 1884 2" >/proc/sys/vm/bdflush
echo "256 512 1024" >/proc/sys/vm/freepages

Yes i have read all the docs on your website

Do i need to furnish some more info
awaiting responses ..

TIA
Khiz