[squid-users] ICP and Parent problems

From: Marco Supino <marco@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 09:01:46 +0200

Hi.

Squid 2.4stable3

Two days ago i had a problem with my squid, after digging a bit, i found
that my parent ICP proxy server had DNS problems, this caused my squid
to stop working, it was looking at the parent for pages, the parent
didnt find anything, so my squid didnt recive anything, and thus no web
pages were loaded, and no one could browse the web.

Is there any way of knowing if the ICP parent is working ? not "up",
thats no always enoghe.

Marco.