Re: [squid-users] HELP!!! Squid stops accepting connections

From: Peter Smith <peter.smith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 10:37:11 -0600

I don't know if anyone has contacted you on this yet. I had a similar
problem with my home machine. On that I was running Stampede 0.89
(http://www.stampede.org) with Squid 2.4.STABLE3 compiled with pgcc
(http://www.goof.com/pcg/) "gcc version pgcc-2.95.2.1 20001224
(release)". Every once in a while Squid would inexplicably stop
responding. I suspect the pgcc I was using to compile it and/or my
pgcc-compiled kernel. I still do not know exactly what caused the
problem. If I were you I'd recompile Squid with egcs on your Slackware
system and perhaps even resort to gdb'ing the Squid that is executing.
 Also you might try strace-ing or ltrace-ing that running Squid after it
hangs. Another possibility is you might try utilizing the 'Squid
Support Services' (http://www.squid-cache.org/Support/services.html) I
am sure they would be more than happy to help, and you'd most likely be
supporting open-source development that way.

Peter Smith
Linux Systems Administrator
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
(USA) 214 648 3111
peter.smith@utsouthwestern.edu