[squid-users] Network Input >> Network Output (Comments Please)

From: MacDermat <macdermat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 22:16:33 +0330

Hello

I have installed squid (transparent mode) in a small ISP with 512KB/s bandwidth.

Sometimes bandwidth usage from input goes very high (about full input bandwidth) but at the same time network output is very lower than that.

We have connected to the internet by a Cisco2600 and users are connected to the network using a 3600 router so I am able to find input and output of the network.

As soon as I kill squid process (or when we use network without cache) input/output becomes equal.

What can be the reason. Is this possible that squid has received many new requests and tries to load them in squid? But in this case it must supply files with the same or near speed to its output.

I have installed different versions of squid (from 2.2 to 2.4) but we have this case again. Input bandwidth (which goes into squid and does not come out to users) sometimes becomes so high that users experience a very low speed.

Any comments is appereciated.

Mac