Re: [squid-users] Windows ASF streaming format

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:03:00 -0600

Most likely not. Most streaming formats include in the protocol (even
when tunneled over HTTP) copy-protection mechanisms which prevent them
from being played multiple times. I'm sure WSM has these same features.

In the case of Real, and maybe WSM as well, there is a special purpose
proxy that provides splitting and caching of the data. The license for
this software is usually outlandishly expensive (RealProxy costs $2,000
for it's lowest cost user license).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com