Re: [squid-users] Windows ASF streaming format

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:49:02 -0700

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002, khiz code wrote:
> Hi joe
> when u say tunnelled do you mean to say the CONNECT directive used like for
> SSL
> i dont think that streaming is done that way .
> i ve used ethreal and it doesnt show me any such thing
> then will the data be cacheable

The answer is:

If you're talking about objects that you download and play whilst
downloading, and they're coming across via HTTP then its up to the
origin server as to whether they're cacheable.

If you're talking about live streams (and having one live stream going
out to multiple clients simultaneously) then no - the server will almost
CERTAINLY be enforcing no-caching, and if you override this you'll
see things break evilly and badly.

Adrian