Re: [squid-users] direct connection to local servers

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:54:07 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Jose Nathaniel G. Nengasca wrote:

> One problem I have is that, how can I tell squid not to forward requests
> to my cache_peer parents for our local webservers. Since local_ip
> option has been replaced by always_direct and it never worked on my side
> too.

Use a combination of always_direct and never_direct. For example:

acl locals dstdomain .sscrmnl.edu.ph
always_direct allow locals
never_direct allow all

should allow your squid to access all servers in domain sscrmnl.edu.ph
directly but forward requests for all other domains to your parent. At
least that's what happens for me.

Colin