Re: [squid-users] Login into squid?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 04:04:36 +0100

As long as you don't need to ask the user for a login+password (not
even automatically as in NTLM) then you can do pretty much the same
things in a transparent proxy as in a standard proxy.

Browsers do not allow users to log in to a proxy which in the
browsers opinion does not exists. This is because of quite sane HTTP
security restrictions on when to accept a proxy login requirement.

Regards
Henrik Nordström

On Monday 11 February 2002 12.45, LuisMi wrote:
> I read that is not possible to use proxy authentication with a
> transparent proxy, also with LDAP?
> CAn't I use LDAP to control access with a transparent proxy?

available on request