Re: [squid-users] WCCP becomes unusable

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:58:23 -0700

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> notified about the change or proxy1 doesn't correctly parse this
> notification, so no reconfiguration happens). I really needed a fix for
> this, or at least a workaround, so I modified the wccp code to reconfigure
> the hash each 15 minutes (more exactly each 180 iseeyou messages :)), no
> matter what happens.

Right. Well, it seems that as it "loses" the cache (eg a log rotation
which lasts a damned long time) the cache doesn't pick up its out of
the hash assignment, and doesn't go and resubmit itself? Or it thinks
its the designated cache (which assigns the caches into the hash buckets..)

Well, that certainly helped. I don't know when I'll have the time
to fix the problem though - unless someone sponsors it, its going to be
whenever I have spare time. :-)

Adrian