Re: [squid-users] (53) Software caused connection abort

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:13:45 +0100

This message seems to indicate you have clients who aborted the
connection before it was even fully established, during the TCP
handshake, and your OS now signals such connection attempts to the
application with an error.

A tcpdump should tell you pretty quickly if this is indeed the case.
Simply run 'tcpdump "your.proxy.ip.address" "proxy_port"' for a short
while until you see one of these messages, and then look for RST
packets in the dump.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer

On Friday 15 February 2002 04.53, Wai Chan wrote:
> I am running squid 2.4stable3 on FreeBSD 4.5. I start getting the
> following msg in cache.log very frequently (every couple minutes).
> I never seen this msg in the cache.log of the slower and old
> squid2.4stable3 on FreeBSD4.2 box.
>
> 2002/02/14 16:50:58| comm_accept: FD 19: (53) Software caused
> connection abort
> 2002/02/14 16:50:58| httpAccept: FD 19: accept failure: (53)
> Software caused connection abort
>
> I don't seem to be able to find a solution from the squid's list
> archives. I would appreciate if someone could tell me whats going
> on and how to fix it. Thanks!!
>
> Thanks!
>
> best wishes,
> Wai Chan