Re: [squid-users] Disable squid access.log

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 03:39:04 -0600

If disabling just for performance, don't bother. It makes no
perceptible difference in most cases--I think I've found about a 2%
difference in my benchmarks. Maybe it's a little more, or a little
less, I don't recall exactly, but it isn't going to fix any performance
problems you are having.

But, if you insist on doing it:

cache_access_log /dev/null

But I assure you that spending your time on other pursuits is more
productive. If your cache isn't serving your users well, read more
about Squid and Squid tuning (I humbly suggest my tuning article, with
the grain of salt that it is a little dated--the concepts still apply).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com