Re: [squid-users] Creating cache_dir on-fly

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 15:06:11 +0100

For the "ufs", "aufs" and "diskd" cache dir types, running "squid -z"
while Squid is running is safe. For other cache dir types it may not
be safe so Squid does not allow you to generally do this..

To do this you need to fool the sanity check in Squid. Simply create
a copy of the configuration file where you specify another path for
the pid file, and use this to run "squid -z -f copy_of_squid.conf".

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer

On Friday 15 February 2002 19.49, sly wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have 2 similar situations:
>
> 1. to change my cache_dir type from ufs to aufs
>
> 2. to add another cache_dir
>

> usually for this we do squid -z, but if squid is running in this
> moment
>
> I have error and need to stop for some times squid - is not
> approved
>
> by our customers. The questions is how to do cache_dir when squid
>
> is running?
>

> Thanks to all!
>

> Veaceslav Zagorcea
>
> MIN administrator