Re: [squid-users] Logdir changes ownership

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:08:01 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On 17 Feb 2002, Jim George wrote:

> Unfortunately it doesn't stay the same something is changing it. The
> problem is that I have no idea how to go about finding out what changes
> it.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

Try "ls -la" on the log directory and check the time on ".". That may give
you an idea of when it was changed. Look for cron jobs running then. Are
you using a log directory used by other apps or one that's a subdir of a
shared dir? Look for log rotation scripts that might clobber the
permissions on eg /var/log/*.

 Colin